Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Active weekend

This weekend was filled with zoom zoom zooming around the city. After listening to The Boyfriend talk about all these exciting plans he wanted to do I started feeling a little left out. Then I thought, I seriously need to pick up a hobby. So I tried to filter down what I would like to do and ta-da! dancing came back to me.

I used to be a semi serious dancer, did ballet all the way to Grade 5 (so close to a diploma, I am still kicking myself for not just finishing it). I was a gymnast as well for 3 years (and a funky chicken dancer for a few more). I thought about the different things I could pick up and decided on...

Pole dancing!

A lot of people have this look of shock/ disgust/ interest on their face when I say this. The Boyfriend of course is not very keen on the idea. But erase the erotic and exotic nature of the dance and what do you get? Dancing, with a pole.

In Malaysia there's only one group that teaches this (Im guessing its hush hush since our country isnt very 'open' about ideas like this). You can find all the details at http://vivavertical.com/ look under the schedules and classes and you'll find Lola's contact details.

The dance itself is quite... painful. You are essentially balancing and holding yourself up with your two hands the whole time. Your entire weight is shifted to your hands. I joined the beginners class which was a lot of fun (though I must warn you since all you do is spin around a pole, you might get a bit dizzy). Please wear shorts and sleeveless top to enable you to exercise better (and not get stuck to the pole). For my first class we learned a dance routine that included two spins around the pole. Incredible fun, but it is now two days later and I am still aching in my arms and my legs (from falling down from the pole oh-not-so elegantly)

And of course, if you do want to learn the fancy schmancy exotic pole dancing. That option is available as well =)

http://vivavertical.com/
Contact Lola : 016-209-6997
RM 50 per class for drop-in session
RM 160 for 4 lessons

No comments:

Post a Comment