Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Welcome to the new year. What new years resolution have you? At the end of 2009 I travelled to Egypt, Lopburi (Thailand), and back to USA with a layover in Korea. I do love travelling and it was a great way to celebrate the end of the year.

As for the new years, what new plans do I have? Well lets see. My resolution this year is to control my spending habits a bit better, which means hitting the malls a lot less. Which means either locking myself at home or going out and trying a few different things.

Locking myself up at home every weekend doesnt seem as appealing, so Im going to try out for even more weekend trips. Anyone who has any suggestions, please let me know. Ill try and venture more around KL and do more non-shopping activities =)

To guide me on my way, I am going to rely on good 'ol information from friends, my guidance books of Time Out KL and KLue and just good 'ol fashion walking around or driving around till I get lost.

To celebrate this first weekend (I just got back from the US last weekend). I headed over to watch a ballet at Istana Budaya. Ballets are few and far between for KL let alone Malaysia, so I jumped at the chance to watch this. Though I was informed by the ticket lady that I was a freak for watching a show by myself, I decided to ignore her and just entertain myself. And entertain it did. A good show indeed, I hope they bring more true ballet shows to KL.



And to those who are interested, Men in Tutus is back in KL (One of my first few posts). Check out http://www.klpac.org/ for more details

As for today, I decided to have a super lazy Sunday. Headed over to Solaris Mont Kiara to have breakfast at The Departure Lounge, which Ive heard so much about. Then went across the street to have a pedicure at Amante (which was incredible by the way. So incredible I bought a package). Then headed over to Schokolart for a cup of latte with the amazing view of KL and Mont Kiara. Sorry no pictures and not much detail this time. But rest assured I will deff be heading back to that area, so will have more pictures up then!


(A few things for me to check out on weekends)

Cheers and Happy 2010

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to say that the ticket lady should be slapped for saying such things to you, followed by: "Oh, I'm sorry for not subscribing to arranged marriages like you did. B***h."

    ReplyDelete