Saturday, May 30, 2009

Kite Park



There are times when you just want to get away for the weekend. You want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and never see a skyscraper. You want to be near water with a breeze with blades of grass between your toes. Sometimes you want to be surrounded by things other than the click-click-click of computers surrounding.

Sometimes you just need to get away.

I found this park about 6-7 years ago. I was driving on this highway (the Middle Ring Road 2 or known as MRR2) with a friend on the way to a housewarming. There was heavy traffic and I realized that everyone had slowed down to take a look at the hundreds of kites in the air.



After coming back from the US, I went looking around for this park again (yes, my directional memory is pretty good) and found it! Its on the way to Selayang, you have to drive past the exit to Genting as well as past Batu Caves, keep on going straight and eventually you will see a bunch of cars parked on the highway and a big sign warning you of kite flying ahead. If it helps, you should by then see the many kites in the air.

Whats nice to do here? Well, I just love watching the kites, and watching all the families having a good time. I also love that all races of people are here. It is a park for everyone. I also just like lying there, reading. For those slightly more active groups, there is a lake and a pretty tough jogging route right next door. You can see a bunch of people working out together here.







I do try and come out here more often now. Its not easy though, takes about 30 min to get here from the middle of the city. But its deff worth it to take a look at this place at least once. Best times and days to come would be on the weekends (of course), between 5.30 - 7.30 p.m. is when you will spot the most number of kites in the air.

Who knows, like me, you could spend so many years dreaming of it and realize, you're always going to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment