Sunday, June 7, 2009

Dragonboat race



So, Ive been waiting for this event a while now. It went on from 5th - 7th June. Day 1 was a Friday so I had other things to do. Day 2 was waking up super late due to night out on Day 1 and today, I fought the sleeping demons to wake up, remind myself I made a resolution to do something different each weekend and dragged myself over to Putrajaya.

Located in Precint 6 (a waterfront recreation area), the first annual Dragon boat race was pretty fun I must admit. The arrangement of the area was quite good. There is a podium seating area that faces directly onto the waterfront/ racing area and they had those swivly water fans (thank god!). There were some stalls along the way selling goodies for all. Parking was located close by so not much of a walk there. And there was enough space for everyone to go right up front to the water to watch the race.





A race was held every 15 minutes for a distance of 500 meters. Was quite fun listening to the beats of the drums as every team tried to outdo the others. The teams were also cheering nice and loud from land.





If this returns again next year, I would recommend going for it. It is quite fun and enjoyable (thought do prepare for the super hot weather).

No comments:

Post a Comment