Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Hot Air Balloon Festival


(I wanted to introduce you to Mr. Slopoke! He will be my travel mascot from now on)

I made it back! My project was completed two weeks earlier than expected so I flew back to KL on Friday morning. I attended an office meeting on Friday afternoon and then dissapeared for a MUCH needed grommage and massage at the incredible Hammam in Bangsar Village 2 (I will take pics and post next time I promise). There's also an INCREDIBLE art exhibition of Ibrahim Hussein on the third floor. Its amazing, I swear. I hope they keep on bringing back art exhibitions like this. His distinct use of lines, just sublime.



(Floating over the buildings)

Anyways, on Saturday I invited my family to go and check out the hot air balloon festival I had mentioned before. Its still on till tomorrow if youre looking for something to do. If youre taking the MEX highway to Putrajaya, I recommend to keep on going straight (dont take the first left into Putrajaya) to avoid the horrible traffic jam of people trying to get in and park. Take the back roads as much as possible and just park at the back where the ministry offices are. You may be cursing because you'll have to walk a little bit more, but trust me, when youre avoiding all the traffic on your way out, you will be thanking me for sure.

The event itself was really great. People enjoyed just watching the balloons. The highlight of the event? THE DARTH VADER BALLOON! amazing! There's also a lot of other events going on around the area in case youre bored with just the balloons. There are some go-karting (done on a triple cycle contraption) and zorbi-ing down the hill! (its where you sit in a giant ball and just roll down the hill)



If youre just checking this post out tonight or tom morning, head on down while you can still catch it! Putrajaya



(Fireworks at night)


(All lit up)

(The Levi's jeans balloon. The one on the right reminds me of Up!)


(Hearts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment