Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Week 12 : Stylo

Its the return of the F1 season, and with it, the fashion show season for the capital. I wasnt able to go last year as I was off on a vacation or another. This year Lancel called me up (oh buying a bag years ago from that shop has certainly paid off) to offer me complimentary tickets to their tea and fashion show happening this Saturday in Star Hill (Lancel and Lanvin together, oh joy)

I had actually planned on going to Cherating this weekend with some girlfriends. We booked the hotel and got all excited about going... until we realized today that the weather will be bad this weekend. Darn it!

So, I had given my fashion show tickets to the BFF and I have no beach to go this weekend, what else can I do?

Well, to begin with, tomorrow us girl friends will be sneaking off to go and see the International Shoe Festival to check out Jimmy Choo's enviable collection! at PWTC

Also, there is the Mercedes Benz fashion show tent at Lake Gardens that I am hoping I could fenagle my way into (one of these days I need to get myself a 'media pass' based on this blog to enable me to enter such locations)

Otherwise, or, well at least, deff, I will be checking out this!

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/3/30/nation/5959185&sec=nation

3,000-year-old coffin on show
KUALA LUMPUR: A 3,000-year-old coffin and another worth about half-a-million ringgit will be on display at the National Museum.
They are among the 30-odd coffins that are part of an exhibition, themed Traditions and Mysteries.
“The practice and tradition of using coffins for funerals has been there for centuries,” said Department of Museums Malaysia director-general Datuk Ibrahim Ismail at a press conference here yesterday.
“The exhibition shows the universal and special features of coffins which are not widely known,” he said.
The museum has brought together coffins from Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand, along with its own collection, for the exhibition that will be on until June 20.
The attractions include a “Niah boat” coffin that dates back to Neolithic times, a gold-plated modern Chinese coffin, a buffalo-shaped coffin from Indonesia and a 100-year-old kerusi mayat (coffin chair) from the Philipines that was used to dry the bodies of respected noblemen until only the bones remained.
Entry is RM2 for adults and free for children during the two-week promotional period starting Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment