Friday, April 9, 2010

Week 13 : Music and mayhem

I typically bring my mother out on weekends for shopping trips. She and I enjoy the cool mall, walking around and trying on clothes, catching up, and having cups of coffee. Its a little ladies meet and greet and I think its nice to just spend some one-on-one time with my mom.

My dad, now, thats a completely different story. My dad likes watching Formula 1 (what?!) traditional and world music, and eating in back alleys. He also likes cars, motorbikes and all that stuff. Since my brother (only son) lives in Japan now, Ive always felt that my dad gets the shorter end of the stick as he doesnt have someone to really 'hang out' with.

That being said, I decided to bring my dad out for a Ghazal show tomorrow. Its at 11 a.m. at the Petronas Philharmonic Hall in KLCC. Entry is RM10

(hmm, I just checked out the website and its not there, but its listed in Time Out)

http://www.timeoutkl.com/music/events/Ghazal

Blurb from Time Out
This Music Appreciation Session will bring Ghazal – an ethnic music genre originated from India and Persia. Musicians from the PETRONAS Performing Arts Group will guide participants through the absorbing intricacies of a traditional art form which is still very much alive till today. Ticket for general public is RM10 whereas Encounter Club members and students can buy them at RM5

Location : Dewan Filharmonik Petronas (DFP) Level 2 Tower 2, Petronas Twin Towers, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, KL
Number : 03 2051 7007

As for tonight, will be heading out to Alexis at Great Eastern Mall, Jalan Ampang to listen to a "Crazy Japanese pianist" (synthesizers involved) - assuming I remember to make bookings. Eepps!

No comments:

Post a Comment