Saturday, September 18, 2010

Art for Grabs

So, as promised, I managed to drag my arse out this weekend. It was one of those beautiful weekends, when you're walking around your city by yourself and you think "I am so lucky to be here... I love my city"


(Since 1914)

As I've mentioned before, I have always loved the old parts of KL, the beautiful architecture, the history behind it. I walk by buildings and imagine what it would have been like, back in the day, with horse carriages and markets going on right under your window. With greeneries everywhere. It makes me sad when I see these buildings being torn down with new buildings put up. I wish these buildings were preserved. If I had enough money, I would LOVE to buy a few of these, and maybe this one in particular.


(Imagine building a home here)

Imagine standing over that balcony, and just watching the world go by... though sadly if I did that from this particular building I would be covered with bus smog.

But this post was about the Art for Grabs which is happening in Central Market. It would be going on tomorrow as well for those interested. You can catch a cab or take the Putra train to Central Market. The Annexe is located at the back of Central Market on the second floor. So when you see the new building block behind CM, keep climbing up those ladders all the way to the top.



Lots of interesting art, I myself fancied the home made lip balm being sold there. There were a few different flavours, one being an extremly delicious choc smelling one. You can find more details here

http://mynrose-shop.blogspot.com/




(Artists selling their wares)

As for dinner, well if you like fine dining, would love Il Lido (btw I am LOVING how more and more fine dining restaurants are popping up in this fair city of ourse)

http://www.il-lido.com.my/

Good food, very good service, reasonably priced and best of all... this...

Beautiful view of the KL skyline from their rooftop bar



Happy Sunday everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment