Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nearing the end of the year

"Greed... is good"
- Gordon Gekko, Wall Street-

***
Why travel?

I leave to see new places, breathe new cultures, learn old history. I leave to sense the sky above me, the land beneath me in completely different worlds. There are moments when I am somewhere I have always dreamed about and the emotions just rise. Moments when a 'teardrop in history' brings tears to mine.

Travel is about satiating that wanderlust in you... and everywhere I go, I am amazed... dumbstruck at the things I had not known, at the beauty I could never have imagined.

I travel because I want to live.

But travel does'nt necessarily have to mean leaving your home, your comfort zone. Travel to me, is about that hunt for something different, to put yourself and your life in perspective. Something as simple as stepping out of your backyard and going to a cafe nearby to watch the world. Running in your park and looking up to see the twin towers glistening in the sky... or even just sitting in your reading chair and watching the cars, the trains, the birds.



Travel is about appreciating life. Everywhere and everytime. And keeping your mind and your heart open to learning new things. It doesnt mean needing a stamp on your passport, about getting on that plane to start a new adventure.

The adventure begins here, in your soul. So be greedy, be greedy enough to take it all in, and ask, and seek for more.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, so true! Tell me all about your wakeboarding this weekend, and I'll see you in Buenos Aires, chica! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Travel is about appreciating life. Everywhere and everytime. And keeping your mind and your heart open to learning new things."

    Wow! this is so true... beautifully said

    ReplyDelete