Saturday, April 23, 2011

Bailar!

Its KL Tango Festival time.









The festivities have been going on for about a week now and after catching the last leg of a milonga whilst I was in Argentina, was excited to try and catch it while it was going on in KL. The Spaniard and I headed over to the Raintree Club located behind Great Eastern Mall after being ditched by five other friends. Luckily two more decided to join us for the night. I thought it was going to be a more chilled out atmosphere with differing levels of technique... but I was wrong.





I think there were a lot of people there who were from some kind of Tango club. They all seemed to know each other, and more importantly they all seemed to know exactly what to do. All those ballroom classes were pretty useless last night as Spaniard and I recollected the lessons from a trusty beginner's youtube clip.





At about 10:30 p.m. we were entertained by a few different performances, from dancers from Middle East, Jakarta, and Argentina. Fancy footworks abound, and then it was back to milonga for all.



Really enjoyed watching everyone there. The Tango is really beautiful. I love the restrained passion, that soft touch that can convey so much. Each couples own tempo, each couple in their own world.





There's one last milonga tomorrow if anyone is interested. Check it out here


No comments:

Post a Comment