Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The women's version of the Superbowl



I am quite excited for April 29th. Some call it the event of the year, some the event of the century. For me, I havent followed one as big in a long time, and its a great reason to bring together my girlfriends for....


Prince William and Kate Middleton's wedding! or as I like to refer to it, the women's version of the superbowl.


To commemorate this historic moment, I thought it would be fun to invite a small group of ladies for some nibbles and drinks to watch the (what is touted to be) 8! hours of live footage of the wedding. For those of you in Malaysia, it should start at ~6:00 p.m. or so and is being broadcasted live on BBC, E! (Im not sure if this would be live) as well as TLC or Li (Needs to be confirmed).


As its a ladies only gathering, I thought it would be fun to play out our childhood dreams and so...




Tiara's! for all my princesses



Cupcakes!




Drinks and other nibbles... as well as suggested by E! some inspired music a.k.a. Abba's Dancing Queen.


Since its a small gathering of ~4 ladies, I wasnt going to go all out in decorating the house or whatnot, but I am opening a pool on who can guess which designer she will wear.


Enjoy!!!


***

and for others, to note: tomorrow (Sat) evening is the Energizer Night Run which will take place on Sepang's Formula 1 track. My bib currently has my name on it, but I have to be honest and tell you its pretty tempting to type over it "Schumacher"

2 comments:

  1. Liyana Schumacher does have a bit of a ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get your fantastic cup cakes? They are just what I need for my daughter's birthday!

    ReplyDelete