Monday, July 18, 2011

Run baby run




Its quiet at six in the morning.
And soon enough you hear it

*thump thump thump thump*

The sound of your heartbeat, pounding against your chest. The sound of thousands of feet stomping the grounds

The sound of horns blast through the streets

A group of Chinese men next to me start yelling out "ROTI ROTI" a call to the men who sell bread every day - honking their hellos

The rumble of newspaper bikes as they go around, delivering the morning news.

I wave hello as I run by.
Down old KL - past the beautiful old train station

Down little India; Brickfields - with its 24 hours mamaks open for business. Three Indian men outside yelling out hellos

Down the highway leading on the road I used to take back to my hometown

Down Maluri and past the stadium I used to compete in

Up through KL breathing into the new city - the twin towers twinkling in the morning

And back through Independence square to cross the finishing line

My first 21km
Experience - amazing

Repeat it? Well, lets see =P

1 comment: