Saturday, July 9, 2011

White water rafting

Perhaps some of you have migrated over to my Wandering Year blog, or perhaps some of you have remained/ stumbled here. But needless to say, my team had decided to keep Kuala Lumpur as its home base for a little bit, instead of being down in Singapore. Yay!!! I guess my lobbying and enticing them with all the island diving trips and all were helpful. I will keep writing here where I can, on my weekeend adventures, but would also like to introduce two more people who would be writing with me. Introducing.... *drumroll*

The Beaver and The Elephant!

Why the nicknames? do not ask me, I asked them to come up with a pen name and thats what they came up with. I myself, am to be known as the Corporate Weekender aka The Fox. (Dont ask me, Beaver gave me that name). They too will share their adventures here (when they can find the time to write something). But in the meantime, I thought I would share one of our adventures.

A few weeks ago we all went white water rafting in Kuala Kubu Baru. Located about an hour out of KL, its a really fun active weekend activity. You head on to the top (near the Selangor dam) and raft down for about 7 km. There is a mix of levels for those of you who are interested in challenging yourselves as well as those moments when you just want to chill. The best part is that after a few km's, you can just ditch the raft and float all the way down the river.

Its an amazing feeling to go all the way out and hear nothing but the rush of the river, the birds. And perhaps your friends giggling like crazy. There were about 13 of us (4 boats) and the best part of all was watching a family consisting of one father and three sons having a male bonding session. Just to show you how rough and tumble it was.
(Splish splash down the river)





(And over she goes)

We used the following people - PieRose Swiftwater Sdn Bhd. Contact +6019-645-8615 or email at pierose13@yahoo.com. I recommend them as they have very well trained guides and give you a very good briefing on how to deal with the raft. We had boats flipping over and people falling in, and we watched as the guides just jumped in to help save those who fell in. Very professional, and to be honest, on a boat and going through crazy rapids, what you want are professionals who know the river (the guides are river people / people who live in the area).

(Pay attention to your guides)


Total cost was about RM100++ (Sorry, I cant remember exactly how much). The fees covers your rental of the raft, paddles, helmets, life jackets, guides, even a cd of your pictures (If you have the guide with you taking pics) and the best part of all, amazing home cooked chicken rice!!

Great way to spend in nature and slightly out of the city.

(Chillaxing down the river)

No comments:

Post a Comment